Sunday, September 13, 2009

Knitting? Yarn? What?

Photobucket

Yes, yes, but it's a surprise, so you'll have to wait. Also, knitting with a two year old is actually completely impossible, so it's going kind of slow.

Photobucket

Little Sir was given this vest a few weeks ago by the Queen Mother. Yeah, I love the vest, the colorway made me want to puke.

Photobucket

So in a moment of insanity when I had 8 zillion other things to do, I decided to do this to it. Problem solved. (I don't know if you can see a very big difference, my flash sort of washed out the second photo, but it is a pretty dark gray now instead of white.)

Photobucket

Also, this weekend was the Duke's Birthday. We went camping (I know, what was I thinking?) And since cakes don't travel well, he got cupcakes this year. They were fun to make, I swirled vanilla and chocolate batter together.

Photobucket

Here they are frosted! They were tasty if I do say so myself. Oh, and in case anyone is wondering you CAN make "butter" cream frosting with high quality margarine. You just have to add more frosting than you normally would. Tastes pretty good too! :) Oh, and don't add food coloring to them- it doesn't work well.

Photobucket

And just for the record. . . :)

No comments:

Post a Comment