Thursday, November 06, 2008

THS- Class of '97

I have yet another FO to share.

I have an experience I want to relate.

I even have a video tutorial on how to Navajo Ply to post (if I can figure out how to get the video from my camcorder to my computer- sorry Mom. The driver isn't compatible with Mac OS- very frustrating!)

But I am doing none of this because it all involves more brain power than I currently have in my reserves. So I give you this instead.

So, my darling friend "Lucy Westenra" emailed me the meme. She never does anything like this, so I thought it deserved its own blog post. Also, it means that I don't have to email a bunch of people.

If you went to THS you should know what I'm talking about, and I invite you to play along. If you didn't, well, I invite you to play along as well. It's good to remember those painful years periodically so that we appreciate our lives now a bit more.

Fill this out about your SENIOR yearof high school! The longer ago it was, the more fun the answers will be!! REPOST with name of high school and graduating year in the subject box.

1. Did you date someone from your school? Yes, and those of you who were there will affectionately remember him as "Butt Head" - a nickname I hated and refused to adopt. I think I kind of got a Yoko Ono reputation for that (among other things- yes I was aware, I just didn't care.)

2. Did you marry someone from your high school? Yes, I did, much to mine (and everyone but his) surprise. He, on the other hand, had known for quite some time. Patience is a strength of his.

3. Did you car pool to School? No, I was lucky to get myself to school on time (or at all.)

4. What kind of car did you have? I had a white Honda Accord that only could fit two people most of the time. I practically lived out of it.

5.What kind of car do you drive now? This question isn't about our Senior year! Lucy, did you throw this in so you could mention your awesome car and make us all jealous? Well it won't work on me, I love both my vehicles (even if they aren't Audis) I drive a navy blue Hyundai Vera Cruz most of the time, however, twice a week I am sans baby and I get to ride my Piaggio BV 200. I love it!

6. Its Friday night...where are you (then)? Senior year. . . probably in M's basement.

7. It is Friday night...where are you (now)? Oh, I get it- it's a comparison. OK Well, if by "night" you mean before 7:00 pm when we have to be home to put Little Sir to bed, then probably out to dinner with the Duke and the Little One. If you mean after, then I am watching Numbers and knitting in my living room.

8. What kind of job did you have in high school? I worked at my parents' business (sporadically.)

9. What kind of job do you do have now? Domestic Executive by day, MBA Student and Entrepreneur by night.

10. Were you a party animal? We managed to have fun without ingesting illegal toxins or doing anything that, if caught, would be anything more than a misdemeanor. Well, except for the mail box thing, and stealing that blinking road block, those might be worse, but we didn't get caught, so it doesn't matter, right!?

11. Were you considered a flirt you think? No, I wasn't self aware enough to be a flirt, that came later.

12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Not my senior year, no. I gave up Madrigal Choir that year. It had ceased to be fun.

13. Were you a nerd? Oh, most defiantly.

14. Did you get suspended or expelled? We were too smart for that. If we didn't want to be in school, there were better ways. . .

15. Can you sing the fight song? Yes, but I won't!

16. Who was/were your favorite teacher(s)? "Ms. Laforge - Drama teacher who devote her life to us." Viva LaForge! We loved her then, now that we are adults and we really understand what she did for us, we are humbly astounded.

17. Where did you sit during lunch? I usually went home for lunch, sometimes I was in Neves' classroom, but it could get pretty deep in there. I preferred the quiet alone time, or time with my sister.

18. What was your school's full name? I'll skip this for privacy reasons.

19. When did you graduate? 97

20. What was your school mascot? WHITE Buffalo

21. If you could go back and do it again, would you? "not for a million bucks" Amen to that! It was an emotional, hormonal, exhausting experience.

23. Do you still talk to the person you went to Prom with? Senior year, Prom. . .one of many arguments. . . sadly, no, I do not. But I do still talk to my Prom dates from Sophomore and Junior year, in fact, I talked to one of them a couple of nights ago. (Hi, J. Do you read this?)

24. Are you planning on going to your next reunion? "no freaking way. Even if (The Duchess aka Mina) begs, I'll fake sick again!" What ever! You'd do nearly anything for me if I begged. You love me. Besides, what would you do without me to annoy you periodically. Your life would be so boring! :)

Thanks for the flashbacks, indigestion, creepy crawlies, trip down memory lane, Lucy. I'll get you back in 8.5 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment