Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Yarn Inventory. . . GULP

I have said it before and I will say it again. I am crazy, absolutely crazy, I have a serious problem. On my account at work co-worker Michelle has put a pop-up note that says that no one is allowed to sell me yarn anymore. . . I appreciate the try Michelle, as does the Duke.

So I finally did a yarn inventory. . . Yes I'm ashamed (sort of)

Projects Currently Under Construction
  • Samus on Knitty by Brynne Sutton in Lamb's Pride Worsted color Blood Red (80%)
  • Leave's Wrap, my design for Hilltop in Misty Alpaca's Alpaca Silk Worsted (15%)
  • Modified Basket Weave Scarf, my design in Rowan's CashCotton DK (60%)
  • Baby Blanket, my design in Blue Sky Alpaca's Dyed Cotton (30%)
  • about 5 UFO's (I'm not acknowledging these past this one bullet)

Projects I have purchase Yarn for but haven't started yet

  • Yvette by French Girl in Gusto 10
  • All Eyes on You Poncho (which I am going to make a wrap) by Second Nature Designs in Rowan's Calmer
  • Wire bracelet (including beads) my design
  • Sweater for Duchess (pattern TBD) in Noro's Silk Garden
  • Branching Out on Knitty by Susan Pierce Lawrence in Elsebeth Lavold's Silky Wool
  • Argyle Scarf, my design in Elsebeth Lavold's Angora
  • Temple Wrap, my design in Rowan's Kid Silk Haze
  • Socks from Melanie Fallicks's Handknit holiday in Rowan's cork
  • Socks shop pattern from Black Sheep (I think) in Cascade's Fixation
  • Surf (for the Duke) by Martin Storey from Rowan's Mag #31 in Cascade 220
  • Ocean (also for the Duke) by Martin Storey also from #31, but out of Rowan's Hand Knit Cotton DK (the Duke really likes Storey's designs)
  • Sweater for me, pattern TBD, in Cascade 200 (beautiful red/brown color)
  • Aran Weight Lace Cropped Cardigan by Ann Cannon-Brown and Michelle Ciccariello on the Elann site

INSANE??? Oh we aren't finished yet

Do I really want to type out all the yarn I have that I just bought because I liked it (and usually it was on sale) and I don't have a pattern in mind for it yet???? Well here's an attempt:

  • Misti Alpaca Lace Weight
  • Rowan's Cotton Tape
  • Rowan's Lurex Shimmer
  • Crystal Palace Little Flowers and Kid Mohair to match
  • Katia Mississippi in several colors
  • Jeager Chamonix
  • Frog Tree Alpaca Lace Weight
  • Lana Grossa Mega Boots Stretch
  • Several Colors of Rowan Kid Silk Haze
  • Lana Grossa Bingo in several colors
  • Rowan Chunky Pring
  • Several colors of Lamb's Pride in both worsted and bulky weight
  • Two color's of Trendsetter Spruce
  • K1C2 Melange
  • A couple of colors of Plymoth's Encore
  • There's a little more, but I'm done

Yup, I'm insane. I also have a big bag of old acrylic yarn that I put away for teaching newbies and a few things for an up and coming yarn swap.

Well, I'm off to bed, like I should have been an hour ago. One day I will be able to sleep when other people sleep and stay awake when other people are awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment