Thursday, May 11, 2006

Crazy Crochet at the Circus

So, I am not a crocheter, nor do I really plan on becoming a crocheter. . . but it is coming into it's own, and good for it. I'm glad that there are actually nice patterns being designed now for those crochet queens.
So, one of those bringing about that change is Debbie Stoller, author of The Happy Hooker. She was here for a book signing last Saturday. Jen, the boss, made it into a whole learn to crochet event and even I got on board- for a second, or a week.


The pattern for the day were these cute floppy crochet mums. I thought I needed one, and when I got done with that I thought all the moms needed one for mother's day. So, I didn't get the chance to photograph all of them, I did about

12 of them all together, but I had to mail several of them off before I got to shoot them. Anyway, here is a nice sampling.

They are great little traveling projects, as they are small, and you don't have to worry about dropping stitches while it's being shuffled in your purse. In example my friend, the Tsarina, took me to see Cirque Du Soleil- Varekai and I took along my little crochet flower.

By the way, this is hands down the craziest most spectacular, and hopefully inspiring thing I have ever seen. I tried to describe it to the Duke, it was futile, it really defied description. The costuming was AMAZING! If you can, go see it, and take a crochet flower for 1/2 hour intermission. The pattern is available at Hilltop.

No comments:

Post a Comment