1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
I got pregnant and had a baby. That's the big one right there. There were other firsts last year, but they all are pretty insignificant compared to this.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I'm not a resolution making kind of gal.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
HA! Well, myself for one, my little sister, my cousin, my friends Sarah and Heidi, and more than a few women that I go to church with.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not to me, but the Duke lost his Grandma Great. It was time for her to go, and he was happy to know that she was, at last, reunited with her husband, who we named our son after.
5. What countries did you visit?
Does Pregnancy Land count as a country? New York might also qualify under some definitions. I didn't leave the USA this year.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
Peace, calm, stability, sanity
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Aug 24th and Oct 14th. The days my little sister and I became mommies.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I GREW A PERSON!
I am also proud of taking second place in the SU business plan competition, but again, compared with growing and giving birth to a human being, it seems pretty insignificant.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I failed to ask for help sooner, when I really needed it.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes, in a very major way. My pregnancy was debilitating and birth by cesarean was horribly painful.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Well, I didn't buy it, but I am very excited about the camera the Duke gave me for Christmas.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
The Duke's- he is amazing- many men would have walked away from the trial that was our life for most of last year. Also, my mom's and sister's. I don't know what I would have done without daily phone calls and eventually my mom coming to the rescue. And our wonderful wonderful friends who jumped up to help us when we needed it so badly. We are so blessed to be surrounded by such giving and loving people.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Appalled and Depressed are a little over the top when it comes to how I feel about other's behavior. I have been frustrated and disappointed a few times this year. I will keep the individual identities to myself, as I am not anticipating a great change in the coming year, which is too bad.
14. Where did most of your money go?
To the mortgage, medical bills, school loan repayment, and baby stuff.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The Duke graduated from Pharmacy school, (very very exciting.) Princes P. brought "W" into the world (such sweet happiness) and Little Sir (complete elation does not adequately describe how I felt.)
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
hmmm- I don't listen to music very much. I will have to think about that.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
A) So much happier B) I gave birth 2.5 months ago, you can guess C) Oh, probably a little better off. One of us actually has a real job, but the student loans are heavy.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
We had a quiet morning with just our little family, then brunch with friends and finally prepared to fly out to Utah the next day. It was a very peaceful Christmas.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
Oh yes, deeply, devotedly, astoundingly in love with my little boy.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Well, before the strike the Duke and I were enjoying Moonlight.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, no. I try to keep the hate at bay.
24. What was the best book you read?
Oh, I read some good ones this year. Blink, The Female Brain, The Great Gatsby, and Reading Lolita in Tehran were all wonderful.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Ryan Shaw- amazing.
26. What did you want and get?
A perfectly healthy baby and some good deep sleep.
27. What did you want and not get?
An easy pregnancy and enough good deep sleep.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I'm fairly certain I didn't see a movie in the theater this year. We did watch a couple at home, but nothing that impressed me terribly.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 28. I'm not sure, but I think I went to work.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I don't really know. I would have to experience it first I think.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
I wore a lot of skirts because I was HOT HOT HOT- and I don't mean in a Paris Hilton sort of way.
32. What kept you sane?
Friends and family tried their best, and did great for a while. I will remember this year as the year I truly lost my sanity for a time.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I'm in the dark about such things.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Traffic in Seattle, maybe? I don't know. The Duke and I have made a specific effort to ignore politics last year, it irritates us that the presidential election has all ready been under way for a year. We decided to wait until the first of 2008 to begin our personal political education.
35. Who did you miss?
My sister, I always miss my sister, and now my newest little nephew.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Little Sir, I've never been so excited to meet someone. (Can you see a reoccurring theme here?)
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
Stubbornest is NOT a virtue.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
How about a book quote instead
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair. . .-Charles Dickens
Now, I don't normally "tag" other bloggers for this, but I would like to hear from the newish bloggers in my family.
Happy New Year!