Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Speechless. . .

My best friend, Sarah, has been working on what she called the "Big Secret Knitting Project" for almost 9 months now.

On Saturday at a BBQ that we held to celebrate the final stage in the adoption of our son she handed me a small yellow gift bag.

Inside that gift bag is one of the most beautiful pieces of knitting I have ever seen.

It is Snowflakes in Cedarwoods Shawl, in honor of my little Alaska Baby.

On Sunday the Lion Baby was wrapped in it as the Duke gave him his baby blessing.

Then I wrapped myself in it as I spoke in church (our church has only lay clergy and members of the congregation are asked to give the sermons.)

I didn't know that a shawl could not only keep you warm, but also let you feel loved.

One day I hope the Lion Baby's bride will wear it on their wedding day.

And I hope that Sarah is right there with me as we both bawl our eyes out just like we did in church on Sunday.

Thank you, Sarah.  It is stunning, and you are the best friend a girl (especially a knitter girl) could ever ask for, and the best auntie a Lion Baby could ever want!

5 comments:

  1. Wow. It is amazing. A lot of love and time went into creating that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw it on Sunday I was stunned with how beautiful it was and was dying to know where you got it! Sarah, you are one talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. What a beautiful piece of work, what a beautiful friendship and what a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing. I am amazed by your friend's talent. Amazed.

    And I love that future bride will wear the same shawl that baby wore at his blessing. ((Goosebumps))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful! What a great keepsake, Very talented lady.

    ReplyDelete