Saturday, October 02, 2010

Seattle to Omak

Yesterday the Duke officially accepted a job offer in Omak, WA.


View Larger Map

I've known for several months that this move was coming.  As I go about my day to day life I find myself thinking about all the things in Seattle that I am going to miss.

Target (how will I live without a target down the street?)

I am a city girl, and I happen to love this city in particular.


I could write an entire and LENGTHY post about all of the things I am going to miss miss miss about my beloved Seattle.  Tonight, however, the Duke and I were talking about a few things that I am looking forward too.


 I've never been to a rodeo.  How did I grow up in rural Utah and have never attended a rodeo?  I don't know.  I look forward to small town parades and raising my own chickens.  I am looking forward to having a place for my boys to run to their hearts content without worrying about cars.  I'm looking forward to having more time with the Duke.  I miss him.

AND. . . I am looking forward to having my friends come visit me OFTEN!!!

5 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! I wish I could be one of the friends to visit you often, I confess. Dan was raised in Deer Park and his family is still in the Colville Stake. I can't remember if Omak is in their stake--I'm guessing it's a part of the Wenatchee Stake, maybe? I would gladly move to Omak right next door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that Omak is going to love you and your family. You have a lot to offer a community of that size. I see you being a huge part of that community! Welcome to the EAST side!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it is really going to happen so fast. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Congratulations to all of you! Seattle will be here for you to visit whenever you need some "city time". :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Megan that is beautiful! If you can wake up in the morning to that sky, you can find peace in anyday!

    ReplyDelete