Friday, October 08, 2010

Yarn and Fiber and Dyes

Yes, they do still exist here in Yarnnation!


This was over dyed from yarn that was left over from yarn I dyed a couple of years ago that my Mom knit into a Wonderfy Wallaby for Little Sir.


 Now the Lion Baby wear that Wonderful Wallaby, but I thought that he should have his own as well.  What do you say, Grandma?  You up for knitting another one?  Actually I think i may take this one, as I am needing some simple, just follow the pattern and don't think, type of knitting.


Some Superwash Merino that I though I'd throw in while I was at it.  I love how it turned out.  I don't really have a project in mind for it.

This is kind of a strange one.  I've never dyed anything black before, but it was a very dark purple color that I didn't care for.  I was hoping for a "raven" like look, but you can hardly see the purple at all.  It really just looks black.  Oh well, it will be useful for a hat or something.

And last, this was a big bundle of Cooriadale that I half submerged in order to exhaust the dye.  You can see there was still a lot of dye left in the pat.  I love spinning fibers that have a lot of white in them along side a dark color.  I can't wait to see how it spins up. 

And there you go.  Proof that, despite a creative recession, fiber is still of great importance in our house.  (Just ask the poor guys/gals that end up having to move my yarn stash. - Although, probably better that than all of our books.)

4 comments:

  1. its of course all beautiful. When will you be here next so you can teach me to knit? I'm not doing so well teaching myself from a book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fantasy yarns

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that blue one! Maybe because blue is my favorite color. It’s like aqua blue something, very refreshing to the eyes. But they were all beautiful, anyway. Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete