Monday, September 24, 2007

No Sleep?- More Food.

OK, here's another recipie.

This one is scalable, so it works well for 2 people or 10 people. It also freezes well(without the rice.)

Peach Salsa Chicken (originally from the Duke's aunt, but I have drastically altered it)

This sounds strange, but everyone I feed it to loves it.

-The same number of boneless skinless chicken breasts as the number of people you want to feed- cubed (if you are feeding a lot of people, cut it back by 1. I usually cook 4-5 breasts)
-Cooking Oil
-Equal amounts of drained canned peaches chopped or pureed- (I put them through my mini food procesor, but just chopped them before I had it) and salsa. Enough to cover the chicken. To give you and idea, I use about 1.5 cups of each for 4-5 chicken breasts.
-1 Packet of taco seasoning.
-3 cups (or enough to feed the people) uncooked white rice.

Set your rice to cook, either on the stovetop or in a rice cooker. Note: I never use instant rice, as I lived in the Philippines and well, I just couldn't. This needs a sticky rice, so I wouldn't recommend it.
Brown the cubed chicken in the cooking oil
Add the peaches, salsa, and taco seasoning.
Bring to a simmer
Cover and let simmer for 15-20 min to give the flavors time to meld.
Serve over cooked rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment