Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Fond Memories

Little Sir and I stayed with my grandparents while we were in Utah. They live, conveniently, next door to my parents. It was wonderful for all of us. Each morning Little Sir and I would rise at our usual un-earthly hour of around 7:30. My parents, from whom I got my night owl tendencies, were still fast asleep. My grandparents, however, consider this a perfectly acceptable time of day to be awake. This worked out great. For the hour between waking and our first nap of day Little Sir would charm the three of us over breakfast and lovely conversation.

Photobucket


One of my fondest memories of growing up was the "bear skin" rug at my grandma and grandpa's house. (I'm not sure what kind of animal it was, but we always called it a bear skin.) I loved to lay on that rug. It was so much fun to see my own son react to an experience that I remember vividly from my own childhood. I know he won't be able to remember this exact experience, but I certainly will. It was so sweet. As you can see he was very comfortable, as well as curious as to what animal he had been surrendered too. He loved pulling on the soft fur.

No comments:

Post a Comment