Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Royal Dying Day

Last Thursday was dedicated to mass amounts of fiber and dye, two babies, my mom, Sarah and I. It was F-A-N-T-A-S-T-C (and physically taxing- there was a lot of moving heavy water filled pots and running up and down stairs.)

Photobucket
Here is an overview of what we did.
Photobucket
A little something for the Duke.
Photobucket
Superwash Merino for socks.
Photobucket
BFL is our BFF
Photobucket

Photobucket
The Queen picked up some Socks that Rock mill ends a Madrona and dyed them, they turned out amazing!
Photobucket
This was the very ugly Hand Maiden sock yarn that I won in a blog contest. Much better now.
Photobucket
The Queen's other STR. Mmmmmmm.
Photobucket
Enough Patons Merino (originally natural) for a February Lady. (Ravelry link)
Photobucket
And the Queen wanted something bright and fun to knit a Wonderful Wallaby for Little Sir, so we whipped a little something up.
Photobucket
A sweater I bought at a second hand store and frogged. I don't know what I'm going to do with it yet, but I like it.

I also over-dyed the awful pink sock yarn and the panel of sock yarn. I didn't get good photos of them, but you can see them in the top photo.

Photobucket
Here are the boys. Have you ever seen anything so sweet?

No comments:

Post a Comment