Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Wow, you all came up with some great titles. There were no duplicates, only three that I had all ready read, and most of them I was not familiar with. There are some that I am very excited to read, and some I probably won't read, but that is how books go. There are some that I may read because one of you recommend it but wouldn't have otherwise read it.

I am so excited to get some quality reading time with no school to get in the way. I can hardly wait.

So, in case any of you want to read or learn more about the books I've created another widget that has most of the books listed here in it. That was easier for me than creating a link for each title. There were a couple that were not in Good Read's database, so they are not in there.

Now, here are the book:

1. Gambling With Virtue by Rosenberger (Sonya)
2. Hacking Matter by McCarthy (Sonya)
3. Color Photography by Henry Horenstein (Sonya)
4. Nicomachean Ethics by Aristotle (Sonya)
5. The Edison Gene by Thom Hartmann (Heather)
6. Broken Things to Mend by Jeffrey R. Holland (Heather)
7. The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz (Heather)
8. Appetites by Geneen Roth (Heather)
9. When You Eat At the Refrigerator Pull Up A Chair by Geneen Roth (Heather)
10. The Trouble With Poetry by Billy Collins (Heather)
11. The Last Lecture Randy Pausch by (Kelly)
12. Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson, David Oliver Relin (Kelly) So, I've read this, (AND LOVED IT) but it wasn't showing on my widget for some reason, so it counts.
13. Marley and Me by John Grogan (Kelly)
14. The Search for God at Harvard by Ari Goldman (Kelly)
15. Girl Meets God by Lauren F. Winner (Kelly)
Blink by Malcom Gladwell - I've read this and The Tipping Point and I have his newest one Outliers. It was on my widget, so it doesn't count for the contest, but you should all absolutely read it, in fact read all of his books, they are so fascinating.
16. The Parenting Breakthrough by Merrilee Boyack (An O. Mom)
17. The Simeon Solution by Anne Poelman (An O. Mom)
18. The Peace Giver by James Ferrell (An O. Mom)
19. The Broken Heart by Bruce Hafen (An O. Mom)
20. Becoming Christ by Stephen Robinson (An O. Mom)
21. Who Moved my Cheese by Spencer Johnson (Laura) I've also read this, a good quick motivating book for anytime you are feeling in a rut.
22. If Life were Easy, it Wouldn't be Hard by Sheri Dew (Laura)
23. Loving Frank by ??? (Lucy van Pelt)
24. Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer (Lucy van Pelt) Lucy, I'm glad you reminded me of this. I have wanted to read this, but some friends asked us to read his other book on Mormonism which was so wrong and so biased and so poorly researched and written that after reading it (about 50 pages before I had to stop) I didn't think about this one again. I know this one was based on a personal experience though, and I've heard it's wonderful, so I will try to put my bias aside when I read it.
25. The Omnivore's Dilema by Michale Pollan (Lucy van Pelt)
26. Gorillas in the Mist by Dian Fossey (Stacey)
27. The Orchid Thief by Susan Orlean (Rosie)
28. Parenting with Love and Logic by Foster W. Cline (Rosie)
29. Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead by Max Brooks (Rosie) I can't wait to read this! Sounds like the perfect book for the Duke to read to me while I knit!
30. Mozart's Brain and the Fighter Pilot by Richard Restak (Rosie)
31. Blue Highways by William Least Heat Moon (Melissa)





Widget_logo



And, without further delay, using the random number generator at random.org, we have a winner: #7 HEATHER!

Heather, I all ready have your address, I will get the book in the mail to you in the next couple of days.

Thank you all for playing. It was so much fun to see what titles you all recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment