Friday, February 20, 2009

Very Very Busy

The Yarn Queen (aka My Mother) has been keeping me very busy. Much too busy to blog, I guess, which is really too bad because I have a lot of GREAT things to blog about.

We headed down to Tacoma for a fiber fix at Madrona's marketplace. (I think it made my mom a little crazy that we couldn't take any classes.) Little Sir, on the other hand, had a great time running around the market charming the pants off of anyone he could bat and eye at.

The fiber fumes were a little overwhelming. The Queen added six pairs worth of sock yarn to her stash. She is now taking applications for "helper knitters". (She has so many projects that she has planned that she needs more knitters than herself to ever get them done in her lifetime.)

I, on the other hand, walked out of that market place with out even a stitches worth of yarn or fiber. No, my immunity to the fumes has become too strong, so they seem to have mutated to effect me in other ways.

Here is what was in my happy little hand as we walked to the car.


Photobucket
Yes, I appear to have become a little warped. . . (lame, I know- sorry) It's true though. I need another fiber obsession about like I need a herd of elephants in my back yard.

Photobucket
The set up was terribly interesting to me.

Photobucket

Photobucket
And here are my first attempts.

Photobucket
As you can see I'm not very good at it yet. My edges are not smooth and the weaving isn't terribly even, but I like it, none-the-less. My first attempts at weaving are a lot better looking than my first attempts at either knitting or spinning.

Anyway, this is just for practice (I'm thinking of felting it and making a scarf for little sir.) Of course I have some other fabulous projects floating around in my clearly deranged head. I'll keep you in the loop!

And look forward to more posts about the crazy fiber adventures we have been having. Knitting is just the tip of the iceberg!

No comments:

Post a Comment