Monday, January 08, 2007

Avocado eatin', illustration lovin', cliff divin', birth marked, beach avoider.

I've been DOUBLE tagged by Lucy vanPelt and The Fantastic Five.

A meme

Five things you don't know about me:

1. I like to eat avocado's with sugar and creme (not real cream, as I am allergic to dairy, but a cream substitute.) Before you go sayin' I'm all weird and stuff, this is how ALL Filipino's eat their avocados. They thought I was crazy when I added salt and tomatoes to avocado.
2. I have a birth mark on my lower left abdomen that is in the perfect shape of a Scottie dog.
3. I collect intricately illustrated children's books
4. I don't like salt, sand, or to be wet. The beach is pretty much a cruel form of torture to me, however, I do enjoy the sound and smell of the ocean and can tolerate my feet getting a little sandy, so walks on the beach are enjoyable (as long as they are with the Duke!)
5. I have jumped off of a 100 foot cliff into the crystal clear waters of the Caribbean Sea, and hit my foot on a coral reef for my troubles. Let me just say that if you are able to have clear, concrete thoughts while you are falling through the air, you jumped off something way to high!



And now what is this?

My finished "Soft Serve Socks"

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Look for a free pattern coming to Yarnnation soon!

In other exciting news. . .

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

SPINNING IS COMING TO HILLTOP!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

These arrived from Grafton Fibers not too long ago. Employees observe a two week waiting period before we buy new merchandise. . . It may just kill me.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

8 comments:

  1. that sounds like an intriguing way to eat avocados! I must try it. Do you mix it all up together? Or take out the seed and fill the hole with it?

    And those socks are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm.. avocados! I must try your way soon. Also, I love the socks. I just might become a sock knitter..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those were 5 things that I definitely didn't know about you :) !!

    Your soft serve socks are gorgeous. I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:20 AM

    Um, yeah, I've had all kinds of polynesians tell me that avocados are good sweet, but I just can't do it. Maybe it's because I grew up with Mexicans and not Filipinos. Avocados need SALT!

    Now that I think about it, though, it seems like someone made an avocado milkshake once that was surprisingly not bad...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:25 PM

    I like how your wheel picture makes me think for a brief moment that it's NICE out!

    That nostepinde is teasing me...

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG GRAFTON FIBERS. That is all. (besides "I will be seeing you at the store soon!")

    ReplyDelete
  7. THOSE SOX LOOK AWFULLY WARM AND QUITE COLORFULL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:38 PM

    Hello! Long time no see. Found your blog and it is so fun to see you and also see the Grovers on one of your photos.

    I had no idea you were the yarn queen! How did we live in Seattle for two years and not know that?

    I like my avocados with a little good olive oil and soy sauce. Yummy! Shoot I like acovados no matter what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete