I tried the denial thing.
It made it worse.
Here are a few of the lessons that I never seem to learn about being sick. Maybe if I type them out they will stick in my brain better.
1. It's not allergies, not in the middle of the winter, just take the zinc, JUST DO IT.
2. You no longer have the mutantly strong immune system of your youth.
3. Don't try to "work through it." Rest is the only thing that is going to get you better.
4. Don't take Sudafed after 3:00pm. It may say that it wears off in 4-6 hours, but at least for you, its side effects (hyperness) do not.
5. Don't let the Tylenol wear off.
6. Don't go to the gym, walk the dogs, or push through a yoga workout. You'll regret it.
7. Don't knit on size US1 needles. It will make your head, shoulders, neck, arms, ect. hurt more.
8. Drink tea, drink lots and lots and lots of tea.
9. Eat, even though you don't want to.
10. Do not comment to your husband how happy you are that you have managed to stay well for three months straight (the bugs can hear you, they will make short work of such mockery.)