Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Socks

Is it too late for resolutions? OK, how about goals?

I have decided that I don't like commercial socks. I always want to wear my hand knit socks and I get grumpy when they are all dirty (which is most of the time- laundry is not one of my strengths.)

So, there is only one thing to do.

Photobucket
I gathered up all the sock yarn in my yarn closet.

Photobucket
Yes, ALL of it (some of it needs to be over dyed before it's serviceable. That pink is a lot worse than it looks- think Barbie meets bubble gum.)

Photobucket
Even the "red-headed step-child" projects.

I spent some time on Ravelry. My que is full.

The tally is enough yarn and enough patterns for 20 pair of socks.

What do you think? Twenty pairs of socks in a year? Well, we'll see. At least I'm ready. . .

I think I've got a pretty good start. . . (I've always kind of liked red-heads, you know!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The pattern is my own. I just started knitting a basic sock and then every inch I switched to a different stitch pattern. It was fun and kept things interesting. (That seems kind of funny to say, considering the first sock sat mate-less for several months.) The yarn is Socks That Rock lightweight in color Rooster Rock.

Photobucket
I also got started on pair #3 for the year (and not even February yet!) Nutkin in the sock yarn we died while I was in Utah last month. I'm loving them all ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment