Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Some time last week a kind of strange comment showed up in my inbox. It was an offer to preview a new knitting novel.

Photobucket

The Beach Street Knitting Society and Yarn Club
by Gil McNeil
set to be released March 10th.
Click on the image to see the Amazon listing

Well, as most of you know, I don't usually read fiction, so my initial reaction was to delete the email and move on sorting through the daily influx of communications. However, as my mouse hoovered near the delete key, I thought of all of you.

Just because this book doesn't peak my interest, doesn't mean that there aren't a good number of people out there who are ready to add it to their reading list. So, I emailed the publicist and told her to send me a copy. I got it yesterday.

I figured this could be win-win-win scenario. One of you wins the book (and the opportunity to read it before anyone else you know.) The author still gets her book mentioned on my blog (sans ranting.) And. . . well, what do I get? Ah, that is where the contest comes in.

Here is how it is going to work:

  • To enter the drawing leave a comment with suggestion(s) of NON-fiction books you think I might like.
  • Each book suggestion counts as one entry.
  • You may enter as many times as you want (you may leave one comment with several book titles, or several comments with one book title, what ever floats your boat.)
  • I will hold a random drawing of each entry to choose a winner.
  • If you suggest the same title as another person or persons and I draw that title (with your name attached to it) then I will hold another drawing from all the entries with that title. (This is to inspire you to think of titles that I may have never heard of, as of yet.)
  • Below these rules there will be a widget listing some of my favorite non-fiction books as well as some that I all ready intend to read. None of these titles will be accepted as an entry, so take a quick peek at them. (This is to help you get a bit of an idea as to what I like to read- and, frankly, I don't get much benefit if I just get suggestions of books I've all ready read- yeah, I'm picky that way :)
  • Entries should be left on this post only and I will leave it open to entries until Sunday, the 1st of February at 5:00pm PST.
OK, I think that about covers it. I can't wait to see what interesting new titles I will be adding to my list for this year. I plan on a lot more reading time after June, you know!!!





Widget_logo

No comments:

Post a Comment