Wednesday, June 14, 2006

A Serious Distraction


My first semi-successful attempt at spinning, it isn't good spinning, but it looks pretty cool.



So, I had some pencil roving, I tried to knit and felt it, but it doesn't knit well, so what better to do with it, SPIN IT! Now, this didn't feel like real spinning, because there is not drafting involved, but it gave me some good practice. Oh yes, and Tsarina too, she spun some of it. I was so surprised, and pleased with the tweedy type of yarn it produced.

Now ask me how much knitting I diligently contributed to my finishing goal. . . Ask! Ask! Ask! You're right, you don't have to ask- of course NONE! I am so distractable- but ooooh, what a way to be distracted.


On a different note, it was a sad day in doggy land today, this is the pink monster, Maggie's favorite toy. He went to doggy toy heaven (aka the garbage can) today because Maggie has been sick and little pink monster bits have been showing up in her lawn 'presents.'

And on a bit of a somber note, Princess P (my little sister) lost her baby kitty of 5 years to renal failure. They placed her under a new Cedar tree in their yard. Keep her in your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:15 PM

    Your spinning's amazing! Makes me feel very self-conscious of my shlubby stuff, but also itching to get back on the wheel.

    Apparently pencil roving is the stuff of gods.

    ReplyDelete