Wednesday, June 28, 2006

A Yarn to Remember


I just found this wonderful blog

http://www.dressaday.com/dressaday.html

She searches the web for dresses, sews her own dresses, admires other people's dresses, ect. I have really been enjoying it.

I thought to myself: "self, you do this with yarn all the time anyway, you should share with the readers of Yarnnation,"
Then I said to myself: "self, you're right, I should!"

So I decided to share my current obsession every so often and also make a list of websites that carry handpainted, handspun, or otherwise delightful yarns and fibers. Please feel free to contribute your current love.

This is a lovely yarn worthy of obessions, by one of my favorite companies, Handmaiden. It is called Sea Silk and here is what they have to say about it.

Sea silk is a new silk blend hand dyed for you by Hand Maiden Fine Yarn.
70% Silk combined with 30% SeaCell ® in a lace weight yarn (32sts/4 ”on 2.5 mm
needles) It is wonderfully soft and shiny.
But what is seacell ?
Seacell
is a cellulose based fibre made from seaweed. That’s right – seaweed! It is
highly breathable and very soft. When worn, your skin’s natural moisture will
release magnesium, calcium and vitamin E contained within the seaweed. It has
anti-inflammatory properties and has been shown to protect the skin. Amazing.
We hope that you enjoy the gentle, rich colours of this intriguing yarn.

I just purchased it (from Hilltop) in what I think is the Paris colorway, but I'm not entirely sure, as it is much more muted than it appears on their website, very lovely. It is destined for a lace shawl of some sort.


No comments:

Post a Comment