Monday, February 18, 2008

Progress and a Meme

Photobucket

Photobucket

I am slogging along. I have to get to 13 inches before I start the color work.

I have been dealing with an Econ midterm, but I turned it in tonight. I am working into recovery mode (yes, it was that bad.)

I'll have some photo oriented posts in the next few days, but in the mean time, Heather over at Magically Mama has tagged me for a meme about the Duke, and I am happy to share a little with you about my guy and the way we live.

How long have you been together? We are soon approaching 7 years of marriage.

How long did you date? Well, that is kind of hard to quantify. We went on 2 dates while both or one of us were in HS. Then we didn't see one another for over 2 years. Then we spent quite a bit of time together as friends and then started to date for a few months. Next we spent nearly another year apart, and when we were again reunited we dated for a few more months and then got engaged. We were engaged for nine months.

How old is he? 30

Who eats more? Oh that depends on the food, the meal, the day, the cycles of the moon. Both of us have strange eating habits. The Duke has the ability to eat enough for someone twice his size (without gaining an ounce of weight I might add.) He also has the ability to survive, at times, on nothing but oatmeal and PB&J sandwiches.

Who said "I love you" first? I haven't a clue. We both knew it before it was ever said.

Who is taller? We are EXACTLY the same height.

Who is smarter? Oh- that's a dangerous question. That would certainly depend on the topic at hand. We are a good match.

Who does the laundry? We both do. Lately the Duke has been doing it more often.

Who does the dishes? The Duke. He does the dishes and I clean up the kitchen. It's a nice time for us to talk.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? We have what we call "an equality of space" in our house. We don't have sides of the bed, we trade back and forth. We also don't have places at the dinner table.

Who pays the bills? I did until about 18 months ago when the Duke took that over when he was looking for ways to help me decrease the stress in my life. (Isn't he a good one?)

Who mows the lawn? Again, we both do, but I do it more often. Also, this isn't really a very big job when you only have 100 sq feet off grass.

Who cooks dinner? Either I do or we do it together.

Who is more stubborn? We are both so stubborn it's scary.

Who kissed who first? The Duke kissed me. (one of my sweetest memories-)

Who asked who out? He asked me on pretty much all our dates.

Who proposed? Well, we aren't really sure. We just knew it was time. The entire situation was very strange. Maybe some day I'll write about it.

Who is more sensitive? I am- but that's not to say he isn't.

Who has more friends? We pretty much have the same friends.

Who has more siblings? The Duke, by one sister.

Tagging? Sara- how about your first meme? Lucy at An Ordinary Mom. Oh and Heidi- how about your first meme too!

Oh and one last thing (or two)

All of you go over to Anna's blog and see some seriously beautiful photographs with some of my favorite subjects.

And if that isn't enough to make you say awwww- go on over to Georgia's blog and see her fresh from the oven Mr. Fatty Cakes.

Ahhhh- I love babies! It's so very strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment