Monday, July 24, 2006

Think Cool Thoughts


It's too hot to knit. . . I can't believe I'm saying this, but it's true. So now what? Spin of course, the wheel even helps circulate the air through my house.

I pulled my spinning wheel, box fan, and a folding chair onto the landing at the top of my stairs, far away from the heat of any window. I found enough energy reserve to dig out the fiber that I bought in Utah and had a pretty nice afternoon hiding out from the sun.
I am too hot to take pictures right now, so instead I found some cool looking hand dyes and cool glass tools.

If colors and textures could change the surrounding tempature, this whirl pool of roving would bring in a lovely sea breeze.


I have heard people say that they don't like glass or metal needles because they are too cold. Well, they obviously are not fair weather knitters. People who only knit in the winter don't understand why you might want a cooler needle.















Ohhhh, watermelon fresh, crisp, and cold from the river bed. . . is it strange that I equate yarn and food? I suppose not, after all, they are both basic components needed to sustain life. (did I mention that it's hot?)







And flower buttons, again in pools of glass. Just dive right in; you won't even have to dry your hair afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment