Monday, March 05, 2007

ooooooooooommmmmmmmm

What a weekend!
Here's how it went:

Friday.
I went to work, nothing special to report.
Came home for a bite to eat and a short nap before heading out to The Fiber Gallery for the Seattle Spinners monthly spin-in. It was great to see Sarah and to hear that her little passenger isn't demanding 85% of her strength anymore, just like 50% or so. This was the first time I have gone to this spin with this group, and it was really very enjoyable.
Then I headed up to Village Yarn and Teas to join in their knit nite, that was going on until 12:00am. Georgia of Yarn Pirate (who dyes the most stunning yarns- go buy them!) was having her trunk show. It was great to see all that yummy yarn all in one place and in person. I even got there late after more than half of the booty was gone, and I was still impressed. I was oh so tempted to buy some, but my pocketbook is sadly empty right now. I also got to sit and talk with one of the nicest women who comes in Hilltop. We always have a brief little chat when she comes in, but because I'm working it's always too short. I was able to sit and talk with her for about an hours, and it was so nice to get to know her better.
I didn't make it until midnight. I was sleepy, and got home about 11:45. Plus, I had a big day the next day. . .

Saturday:
Up to Hilltop to set up for MY VERY FIRST SPINNING CLASS. I was a bit nervous, but it all worked out wonderfully. I had five students, and they all were spinning by the end of class. It was so much fun for me, and very rewarding. I hope it was for them as well.
After cleaning up a bit and getting something to eat, I went down to work in the shop. It was so busy, which was great, but also crazy. I hadn't slept well the night before, and I was exhausted by 5:00. Shannon and Daphne to the rescue. They let me clock out and rest of a bit before we all headed off to our next big adventure.
Jennifer, my boss, had arranged for all of us to go to a yoga for knitters class. It was amazing. Now I have done living room yoga, but it really does make such a difference to have an instructor walk you through it. Not having to stop to look at my cards was great, and Amy, our instructor's voice just made you want to relax and helped me stay focus on the present. I can't wait to join a regular yoga class. It has been moved to the top of my priority list. I could not believe how good I felt afterwards.
Then, in crazy HT girl fashion, we all headed over to The Garage for some food and bowling. It was so much fun. It was great to see Tatyana bowl for the first time ever (she did really well) and to find out that Kat and Susan are the real bowlers among us. It really was so much fun, and the best part, I was so tired when I got home that after just an hour or so of down time, I climbed into bed and slept soundly for 8 hours. It was fantastic.

Sunday:
Was enjoyable as usual. The Duke was home most of the day, with only one meeting in the morning. Church was uplifting, the Sunday nap was refreshing, and we had a yummy dinner of Greek slow cooked chicken, artichoke dip, homemade hummus, pita bread, and a salad. Dinner was made all the more sweet by four delightful friends who joined us for dinner and brought some supper tasty crumb cake to finish off the meal.

All in all, it was a whirlwind fiber filled weekend. The best kind!

No comments:

Post a Comment