I'm not always that great at meeting my knitting goals, but you must admit I've been doing pretty well with the current finishing spree.
The goal was to have the blanket done before Friday when the gender specific knitting will (hopefully) commence.
It's only Wed!
The blanket turned out pretty well despite my concerns. I don't think I will ever do a patch type blanket again, the seaming just about killed me and the finishing is. . . well, if you are a knitter and see this blanket out and about, don't look at the back. I just didn't like how messy all those woven ends were looking in the cotton. I ended up knotting most of the ends with one another and trimming them closely.
If I were to do another mitered blanket of any sort, it would have to be in wool. Even the 20% wool in this yarn (Brown Sheep's Cotton Fleece) didn't help much with the cotton woes.
All in all, though, I am happy with the blanket. I love the colors and I love the miters and the back really isn't that bad. I'm sure it will comfortably keep the alien warm.