Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Magic Loop and Knitter's Nest

So here is a picture of the Jaywalkers in progress. The picture is pretty true to the colors, and do you notice something strage about the unfinished sock? Yes, that's right, it's on a single long circular needle. I decided I had tried two circulars, why not magic loop? AND. . . I love it. Much better than two circulars, and not as fussy as DPNs.

Other news coming out of Yarnnation is that the Duchess has been infected with a bug. Jennifer, her boss, is to blame. I'd be mad, but Jen's got is worse than I do, and she STILL went camping with her girl scout's troup. (crazy, maybe, dedicated and loving, for sure.)
I had been feeling a little tickle in the back of my throat, but I fought it for days. Then yesterday it struck, and my normally busy and active life was reduced to this.
The nest of a sick knitter. No fewer than five projects here, a pillow, a blanket, two sweatshirts, both shed during this feverish moment, and a tall glass of water, my decongestant of choice. IBUprophen has become a part of my meals, and I may actually be forced to add some pseudoephedrine. (Yes, I actually have some in the house, the Duke is a pharmacy student, it comes in handy sometimes.) I don't really care for it, as it makes it so I can't sleep, but then the liquid draining out of my sinuses right now is preventing sleep at 2:20 am, so what difference does it make? Oh yes, the annoying little thing called post nasal drip, which I am always seem to get after using Sudafed.
Have I whined enough??? Can you tell how much I enjoy being sick???

2 comments:

  1. I am ill this week too! But a lot of knitting has bee had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:21 AM

    yick! I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete