Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Magic Loop and Knitter's Nest

So here is a picture of the Jaywalkers in progress. The picture is pretty true to the colors, and do you notice something strage about the unfinished sock? Yes, that's right, it's on a single long circular needle. I decided I had tried two circulars, why not magic loop? AND. . . I love it. Much better than two circulars, and not as fussy as DPNs.

Other news coming out of Yarnnation is that the Duchess has been infected with a bug. Jennifer, her boss, is to blame. I'd be mad, but Jen's got is worse than I do, and she STILL went camping with her girl scout's troup. (crazy, maybe, dedicated and loving, for sure.)
I had been feeling a little tickle in the back of my throat, but I fought it for days. Then yesterday it struck, and my normally busy and active life was reduced to this.
The nest of a sick knitter. No fewer than five projects here, a pillow, a blanket, two sweatshirts, both shed during this feverish moment, and a tall glass of water, my decongestant of choice. IBUprophen has become a part of my meals, and I may actually be forced to add some pseudoephedrine. (Yes, I actually have some in the house, the Duke is a pharmacy student, it comes in handy sometimes.) I don't really care for it, as it makes it so I can't sleep, but then the liquid draining out of my sinuses right now is preventing sleep at 2:20 am, so what difference does it make? Oh yes, the annoying little thing called post nasal drip, which I am always seem to get after using Sudafed.
Have I whined enough??? Can you tell how much I enjoy being sick???

3 comments:

  1. I am ill this week too! But a lot of knitting has bee had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yick! I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Megan, I know it's all my fault. The thing about this bug is that you can coast with it for a few days. Just when you think you're fine, blam! On your butt sick. I left you a message at home so you could hear my sexy voice. Be careful, sleep as much as possible and ask the Duke for some Guifenisen (SP!) if you get any sicker. That and Theraflu are the only thing that's kept me going...and the knitting of course. I'm about to cast on #5 Ballband.

    Take care!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete